Friday, October 26, 2012

Light my night

So now the nights are getting longer and the days shorter the lamps in our home go on more often
While they're standing there, patiently waiting to be turned on, they are pretty amazing already!


My night-light.

Pineapple lamp. Every home needs one.

Next week will be my husbands and minde one year anniversary.
And I still, still, have no idea what to get him!
At first I wanted to get him a watch. And we looked into that, but the watch he loves is quite a bit over my budget.. And, the shipping time is long, a few months. So that is probably more a Christmas/birthday/next years anniversary gift.
I am usually a pretty good gift-giver (at least, I like to think I am!), but with my husband, the person I am closest to, I am blank.... Every time, It's a challenge!

Me? I'm pretty easy to please. Or, at least I'd like to think so..
Earrings?
Yes please!
A charm for my charm bracelet?
Yes please!
Any type of jewelry really... I'm not picky.
And then there are kitchenwares!
Oh my! I love stuff for the kitchen!
(I'm still hoping for one or two pizza stones. I don't know why, but I seldom buy things like that for myself..)
One of my favorite gifts my husband got me this year was a mixing bowl!
Yes, a mixing bowl.
It was a gift for our meeting-each-other anniversary, and it's still standing in our living room, it is that pretty!

THE mixing bowl. It's blue.. love blue...


On the other hand I would feel insulted if i got a frying pan..., but a Dutch oven would be ok...
Hmm, ok, come to think of it, maybe I am not as easy to get a gift for as I thought...

I love baking and cooking, but I am terrible when it comes to vacuuming, doing dishes, that sort of thing..
I really think I am missing the home-maker gene... I did get the cooking and baking gene, just not the cleaning gene..
Some people do. I obviously don't.
Let's just say, I can't wait to get our dishwasher hooked up!
We're hoping we're going to get the pluming done for that, this year! Woohoo!

As scone has to be square to be hip these days.



I am sure I won't be able to keep it up to post a Maggie picture, every single post.. But I still have a couple of good ones left!

Such a happy face! Sorry for the blur, she is a fast-moving pug!



2 comments:

  1. Dawww your pug is the cutest thing! Congrats on one year! My husband and I are coming close to our one year too!

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you!
      Yes, Maggie is cute, and she knows it!
      We had a wonderful day yesterday! One year went by so fast!
      Love,
      Sarah

      Delete